Jasprit

Jasprit

Shadowfever - Karen Marie Moning I had to start this book straight away after finishing Dreamfever. I had a horrid gut feeling who the “beast” was and I knew I would have had a breakdown if I didn’t find out soon enough. The first chapter was so heartbreaking, watching Mac experience such intense grief and pain after discovering who the “beast” was. I was so emotional reading it, I wanted to throw the book away and scream “No this can’t be the end!” Barrons couldn’t be dead Dreamfever ended with so many unanswered questions; would Mac ever find Alina’s killer and avenge her death? What was Barrons? Would she ever be able to get close enough to the Sinsur Dubh and finally get everything back to normal? I was glad that I eventually got some of these answers, but OMG! some of them I was totally unprepared for. I was a little disappointed as I’d always wanted to know what Barrons was, I guess we do know what he is, kind of... but I would have loved to have found out how he became that way in the first place and may be a little more back story on Ryodan and the others.Overall the book was an emotional roller coaster ride, and I loved every moment. I had initially decided to read this book really slowly, so that I could savour each moment, But Moning is such a fantastic writer and so unpredictable that you’re sucked in from the first page.I’ve heard that Moning is planning on writing three spin-offs from the fever series, which will be about Dani, Christian and Ryodan, Barrons and Mac will also be making appearances!! There are also rumours that Moning’s considering writing a Alina-Darroc prequel!!! I’m soooooo excited!!!