Jasprit

Jasprit

The Hunger Games  - Suzanne  Collins I can’t believe I put the Hunger Games off for so long, I absolutely loved this book. I really enjoyed the concept, it is about 24 kids aged 12-18, with 2 kids from each district being selected to contend in the reality show; the Hunger Games. It isn’t your typical kind of reality show, as each child is forced to fight it out against each other and the only way you can win the show is by being last person left alive. As the story is from Katniss’ perspective I was rooting for her to win, but as the story progressed I started becoming attached to other characters such as Peeta, Rue and even Thresh. I just didn’t want any of these kids to die. I was especially upset when Rue was killed, even though I knew this was the aim of the game, she just always seemed so small and fragile. Hunger Games was an immense roller coaster ride, it was full of suspense, unexpected surprises and was such an engrossing read, it left me wanting more. Also at the end of the book, my heart just went out to poor Peeta!