Jasprit

Jasprit

Where She Went - Gayle Forman I’m never usually a fast reader; I tend to take my time savouring each page. But this was impossible to do with Where she went. I devoured this book in one sitting and I absolutely loved it. In Where she went the story is told from Adam’s point of view. The story is told three years after Mia’s accident; Adam is now having a lot of success with his band Shooting Star, whereas Mia is a rising star at Julliard. I was quite surprised to find out that Mia and Adam had gone their separate ways after Mia’s accident, I thought they way If I stay ended, they would remain together. But in Where she went, we find that Adam isn’t coping at all, despite the success of his band, he’s isolated himself from the other members and is dreading their upcoming tour. Watching Adam go through all of this and the way everything’s turned out is heart wrenching. Its not until Adam is out taking a walk that he comes across a poster promoting Mia playing at the Carnegie hall, he’s currently standing outside of. He decides to take a chance and buy a ticket to watch her perform. The next 24 hours of the story are unforgettable; I don’t want to say too much about what happens but that it was so moving and heartbreaking. And the reason behind Mia leaving Adam is so unexpected. I still can’t believe that it all happens in just 24 hours. I had my doubts that it wouldn’t happen, but I’m so happy that Mia and Adam finally ended up together, just like they were meant toI’ve read a lot of great books this year, but Where she went just tops all of them. If you haven’t read this yet, you should definitely pick it up as its one of those books which will stay ingrained on your mind for a long time. Some of my favourite quotes; But I’d do it again. I know that now. I’d make that promise a thousand times over and lose her a thousand times over to have heard her play last night or to see her in the morning sunlight. Or even without that. Just to know that she’s somewhere out there. Alive. “And then Adam Wilde shows up at Carnegie Hall on the biggest night of my career, and it felt like more than a coincidence. It felt like a gift. From them. For my first recital ever, they gave me a cello. And for this one, they gave me you.”I feel this mad rush of anticipation, even though I know that unlike that night, tonight I won’t kiss her. Or touch her. Or even see her up close. Tonight, I’ll listen. And that’ll be enough.