Jasprit

Jasprit

Sing Me to Sleep - Angela Morrison Sing me to sleep was one of those books which had been on my wish list for ages, but I just never got the chance to buy. As you can imagine I was ecstatic when I got a copy.Sing me to sleep is the story of Beth or the “beast” as she refers to herself, she’s always been picked on and ridiculed at school by the school bully’s about her looks. Everything changes when Beth earns herself a solo in her choir group Bliss. The other girls in the choir group take it upon themselves to give Beth a makeover to match her unique voice; she dyes and straightens her hair, gets laser eye surgery and has her scars and acne removed. Beth has never looked this good. Then Beth’s recording of her solo gets their choir group into a contest in Switzerland and that’s where she first meets Derek from the Amabile group. I was literally swooning over Derek; he was so overprotective over Beth, wanted what was best for her and was caring and just so perfect. But he was also really secretive, he was always evading Beth’s personal questions about him. I was dreading finding out the truth about him, as his and Beth’s relationship was heart wrenchingly beautiful.I’m one of those people that cry over the smallest things, Sing me to sleep was written so poignantly and beautifully that I just couldn’t stop crying. Once I’d finished Sing me to sleep I wasn’t sure if I could ever pick it up to read again, as it was such a moving and heartbreaking read. If you ever read Sing me to sleep you may find it a little slow to start off with, but then once you get into it you just don’t want to put it down. Sing me to sleep was everything I’d imagined and so much more, it will without a doubt remain one of my favourite reads.