Jasprit

Jasprit

The Graveyard Book - Neil Gaiman The Graveyard book was one of those books that I hadn’t heard much about, so I had my reservations when picking it up. However once I’d started reading it I couldn’t put it down, it was such an addictive read. What I enjoyed most was its unique and interesting premise; about a baby escaping the vicious murder of his family by crawling his way to a graveyard. The ghosts of the graveyard then take it upon themselves to bring the baby up as Nobody Owens or ‘Bod’. I liked how we followed Bod through his adventures with each chapter representing Bod at a different age, so it actually felt as if we were watching him grow up. I also liked the different quirky characters Gaiman brought to the story; mysterious guardian Silas, strict but insightful Miss. Lupescu, the misunderstood Liza and the extremely funny Mr. and Mrs. Owens. I don’t think my review can fully demonstrate how much I enjoyed this book, so if you’re after something a little different, but you will nonetheless find humorous and is sure to keep you captivated then you should pick up this little gem!