Jasprit

Jasprit

Past Perfect - Leila Sales A lot of my Goodreads friends had extremely enjoyed Past Perfect, so I was really looking forward to reading it and I did thoroughly enjoy it. However what surprised me the most was discovering that I had a new found love for REENACTMENTS! Yes that’s right reenactments. Past perfect just made me want to run away and join some re-enacting group straight away! Past Perfect tells the story of two history villages who are within walking distance of each other; Reenactmentland who do civil war reenactments and Colonial Essex village who do revolutionary war reenactments. Both villages have always had a competitive rivalry or “war” between them, and each summer break they pull pranks on one another, always trying to out do the other village. The plotting against one another and coming out with plans of attack made me wish so much that I was there part of the Essex village re-enacting with them! The characters in Past perfect were absolutely awesome! I don’t think there’s ever been a book where I‘ve liked nearly every character, from Chelsea the strong protagonist who always had me cracking up, I found Fiona absolutely hysterical and her love for Nat and his ponytail, Bryan and his toadlike features, Chelsea’s dad with his rhetorical questions, Dan what a sweetie!, Tawny, Mr. Zelinsky, the Milliner girls and their endless love for gossip. Basically I could go on forever, each character brought so much to the story and I found them sooooo funny! They kept me entertained throughout the entire book!There were also so many awesome quotes that I wish I could have included in this review. They made me sigh and laugh out loud so many times!Past perfect was such a fun and enjoyable read, I will definitely be buying myself a copy once it comes out.