Jasprit

Jasprit

Juliet Immortal - Stacey Jay I seem to be going through a “selective book slump” (is that even possible???) where the only books I seem to be able to get into at the moment are Aussie Books. With everything else I’ve either struggled to get into or struggled to finish. The latter case was apparent with Juliet Immortal, it started off really well; Juliet finds herself in the borrowed body of Ariel Dragland covered in blood. She can remember from Ariel’s memories that she’s been in some sort of accident and that the guy she was out with; Dylan seems to be dead; but this isn’t the case she soon realises that Romeo has actually taken over Dylan’s body (Romeo as he is a mercenary of the apocalypse can take over bodies of people who have died, whereas Juliet as an ambassador of light can only take over the body of a living person.) With Romeo finding her so quickly in her new temporary body she knows she has to escape otherwise he will kill her. So then begins the chase, I must admit the chase had me excited for a little while, but after it was over for me the book kind of went downhill.The whole idea of souls taking over different bodies and trying to kill each other initially reminded me a lot of My Name is Memory (which is one of my favourite books!) so as you can imagine I think I got a little too excited at the beginning of the book, because the rest of Juliet Immortal kind of let me down.; the way things panned out was a little too farfetched for me and the whole returning corpses just took it to a whole another level. Sadly I didn’t enjoy Juliet Immortal as I’d hoped, Stacey Jay has produced a story with an interesting premise, but unfortunately (in my current state!) it was just not for me. Now all that’s left for me to do is get back to my Aussie books! A big thank you to Emily for lending me her copy!