Jasprit

Jasprit

Heist Society - Ally Carter (4.5 stars)Katarina Bishop was a thief, she was one of the best thieves in her family that is until she decided to give it all up, turn her back on her family and join the elite Colgan school. But after three months she’s kicked out of the school for something she didn’t do. She’s then forced to return to her family and friends to clear her dad’s name, he’s been accused of stealing a private collection of paintings belonging to the dangerous Arturo Taccone, he gives her an ultimatum, she has two weeks to get his paintings back or he will hurt those close to her. Locating five paintings can’t be that hard for Kat can it? That is until Kat realises she has to rob something no one in history has ever undertaken unless you count the enigmatic Visily Romani...I absolutely loved Heist Society! Rarely have I come across a book that I love the world the book has been set in so much that I didn’t want to leave (previously this has only happened to me with two books Past Perfect and Daughter of Smoke and Bone.) I couldn’t get enough of the characters, I adored Kat and her assembled team of thieves; from Kat, she was such a strong protagonist, that’s how I like my protags to be, I personally can’t stand whiny protags who expect everything to be done for them, and I’m glad Kat was nothing like that, to Simon the brains, Gabrielle and the ways she used her body as a distraction and her switchblade nail file, the funny Bagshaw brothers, Marcus and finally Hale, he was swoon worthy, over protective and I loved his dry sense of humour. I liked how each chapter counted down to the deadline, as the days started getting nearer I was getting more and more nervous and agitated, could they do it? Could they pull off one of the biggest jobs?Heist Society was a refreshing funny read, bravo Ally Carter, you did an immense job with this book and you had me hooked from the first page! I will definitely be picking up more of your books in the future.