Jasprit

Jasprit

Uncommon Criminals - Ally Carter 3.5 starsKatarina Bishop is now an uncommon criminal; she steals things from people which don’t belong to them and returns them to their rightful owners. The others may not approve of what Kat is doing, but Kat gets an adrenaline rush out of doing what she does. But as soon as the mysterious Visily Romani name pops up asking her to do a job, Kat knows she must do it. Despite everyone telling her great thieves have failed at obtaining the Cleopatra emerald in the past (including Uncle Eddie) also there’s always been these rumours suggesting the Cleopatra emerald may be cursed.What I liked about Uncommon Criminals;I got stuck in to Uncommon Criminals straight away after finishing Heist Society, which I enjoyed a lot. It was great with all the previous characters returning; Hale, Gabrielle, Simon and the Bagshawe brothers. Also Ally Carter developed a very detailed and intricate plot, the way she thought of some of these unbelievable cons! And some of the unexpected twists in the story Kat getting conned?? I so didn’t see that one coming! What I didn’t like;The cons were good, the only thing for me was that it took me some time to get my head around some of them, especially with the pace in the second half of the book; I was definitely left stumped several times. I also think I would have liked to see more of the Visily Romani character, his name appeared briefly in the book, but I think I would have enjoyed the book delving deeper into his character, just exactly who is he? Despite not enjoying Uncommon Criminals as much as Heist Society, overall it was a fun read, here’s to hoping there will be another book in the series, as I will definitely pick up anymore books published in this series!