Jasprit

Jasprit

Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins You have been warned you may find this review full of non-stop gushing. I’m not going to go into the details of the plot summary of Anna and the French kiss, as by now most of you would have devoured this fabulous book and I’m probably one of the last people to read this book. Anna and the French kiss was one of those books which when I first heard about I knew I had to read, if you know me by now I’m one of those people who will buy a book as soon as it comes out, but then leave it on my bookshelf, intending to read it some time or other, but never actually getting round to do so. I know what is wrong with me? Everyone I know absolutely loved this book, so why did I take so long to read it?? Like I said before I have no idea what is wrong with me?? As soon as I started reading it, I was kicking myself for not picking it up sooner as I absolutely loved this book!!!! It made me sigh; the romantic Paris setting, Etienne St. Claire, his gorgeous English accent, his beautiful hair, his crooked teeth smile, how he wasn’t afraid to show his weaknesses, he was sweet, caring, understanding... do I need to say anymore? It made me laugh; Josh and Rashmi’s relationship, Amanda with her flicky hair and St.Clair when he was drunk and it had my heart hammering in my chest around 100 miles an hour; will they or won’t they get together?? It had an awesome bunch of characters; Anna, Etienne, Josh, Rashmi, Mer, Matt, I adored them all. And I had so many favourite scenes which I couldn’t possibly name them all, some which include Dave asking out Anna and St. Clair’s reaction, the e-mails over the christmas holidays and the whole thanksgiving period.Stephanie Perkins is my new favourite author, (I know how can I say this after only reading one of her books?, but a book that makes me feel so many different emotions, leaves me on a insane high, with a huge smile plastered on my face in the early hours of the morning definitely deserves so much credit)After reading so many great reviews I came into this book, expecting so much, and my expectations were seriously blown away, it gave me so much more than I ever could have imagined. A few books come your way which are truly unputdownable, unforgettable and just leaves you wanting more! Anna and the French Kiss is one of those books, it is definitely one of my 2011 favourites of the year! And I just know I will be reading it again and again and never get enough.