Jasprit

Jasprit

Silence - Becca Fitzpatrick Contains some spoilersThe first book in this series (Hush Hush) started off awesomely in my opinion, I remember when it came out I was super excited, the entire time it had me on the edge of my seat and I actually finished it in one sitting. The second book (Crescendo) despite me eagerly anticipating it, it was a bit of a let-down in comparison to the first book, yes it was action packed, but it didn’t do much for me. Even though I was disappointed with Crescendo, being the complete sucker that I am I decided to pick up the third book in the series, Silence. The good thing with this book was that I went into it not expecting much, I’d read some gushing reviews, but tried to keep myself in check so that if the book was a let-down I wouldn’t be too disappointed. Unfortunately this was exactly the case. Silence picks off from where Crescendo left us hanging with us discovering who the black hand was who would have known it was Hank? Patch being hell bent on finding Nora yes Hank decides to kidnap his own daughter, in exchange for her freedom Patch decides to give up his wings and spy on the fallen angels. Hank refuses to let his daughter go until he has the necessary information so that he can reign supreme (yes despite being nephilium he still wants all the power. After Hank is satisfied that Patch is doing what he’s supposed to do he lets Nora go erasing her memory. So she has no memory of the last three months; who her kidnapper was, what happened to her when she was kidnapped and any memories of Patch. Let me just say the first few chapters of Silence were hugely difficult to get through, Nora was a complete pain. She couldn’t remember a thing, everyone around her including her mum and Vee tried to hide the details of Patch so she wouldn’t get hurt. Basically she went around like a lost puppy. Lo and behold when out one night for dinner with her mum and Hank (who she seems to distrust but doesn’t know why) she runs off and ends up bumping into nephilium, can I just say in this scene Nora was at her most annoyingest, she was whiny (what’s going on? Why are these people so strong? Are they playing mind tricks? They’re going to hurt that man! I need to call the cops and so on!!) And then in swoops Patch Jev! (Nora: he seems familiar, do I know him from somewhere before? My hero!) I’m sorry but it was so blatantly obvious that guy was freaking Patch! . So the story plods through with Nora still not having a clue, her mum and Vee hiding things from her and her for some bizarre reason not liking Hank. The reason for me giving Silence two stars and not any lower was because the pace did pick up considerably in the second half of the book, it wasn’t truly epic, but was enough to make me want to continue reading the book. The fact that Vee was hardly ever in the book was also an added bonusOverall Silence didn’t really do much for me; it was full of pointless dialogue, and at times infuriating characters. I should really get into the habit of abandoning books sooner instead of forcing myself to continue!