Jasprit

Jasprit

Catching Jordan - Miranda Kenneally 4.5 stars “ How can you be in love with someone for foreverand not be willing to take a chance when it finally hits you in the face like a linebacker?”Miranda Kenneally did a fantastic job with her debut novel Catching Jordan. I don’t think I’ve had as much fun reading a book since Anna and the French kiss. It had me sitting on the edge of my seat for four days. I was actually annoyed that I decided to read it over the Christmas break, as I either had endless family members over or had to go out visiting family. I just wanted to lock myself away with this amazing book. Finally when I did get a little reading time, I found myself in a dilemma; once I started reading I couldn’t put the book down, I wanted to devour it but at the same time because I was having so much fun, I didn’t want my reading journey to come to an end. I simply adored this book; it left me with a huge goofy smile on my face, tears in my eyes from laughing so much and just tore my heart into tiny shreds.Jordan is the star quarterback for the Hundred Oaks Red Raiders, her dream is to play for Alabama; the best football team in the country. She messed up at last year’s state championship, but she won’t let anything come in the way this year and so far this year she’s been playing perfectly. That is until Ty another great quarterback moves from Texas to her school, Jordan not only has great competition for her position, but Ty is also incredibly good looking so she can’t let him distract her from her dream. I really liked Jordan, she was a strong character, she knew exactly what she wanted and how to go after it. These days it’s really hard to like or connect with female protagonists as they’re either really whiny or are a damsel in distress and need helping out in every situation they find themselves in. But Jordan wasn’t like that at all, she was a hugely likeable character, who exuded confidence and I found myself continually rooting for. What is it about calling guys by their surnames makes them sound so hot? St. Clair , Barrons and now Henry? Henry has quickly become one of my favourite literary crushes; he was so sweet; in the fake electronic baby assignment and he showed he had a big heart as he was always looking out for Jordan. He was self-assured, but not cocky and did I forget to mention totally swoon worthy! His friendship with Jordan was one of the best ones I have come across. “I’m glad he’s here with me, even if he’s not sayinganything. Sometimes friendship is just that, justbeing with someone”I thought Ty was also a sweet guy, but I felt that there was something shifty about him which I couldn’t put my finger on. I always thought that he didn’t really care about Jordan and had his own agenda, I was just waiting for him to stab Jordan in the back. So I was quite surprised when that didn’t happen. Catching Jordan could never be the same without JJ and Carter, I adored these guys and their friendship with Jordan and Henry, they had me laughing all the time. I loved their over-protectiveness over Jordan, how they always had her back covered and how they weren’t always big and macho but also had a softer, caring side to them such as when Carter took Jordan to the waffle house when she was stressed out. I would love to have friends like these guys!I still can’t believe that this is Miranda Kenneally’s debut novel, she has written such a wonderful story full of fun, charming characters and special friendships. I can’t praise this book enough. If you haven’t already picked up a copy of Catching Jordan do it now! You simply won’t regret it. Catching Jordan has quite easily become one of my 2011 favourites. I can’t wait to get my hands on more of Miranda Kenneally’s books.