Jasprit

Jasprit

Such a Rush - Jennifer Echols I’ve had a topsy turvy relationship with Echol’s books, I’ve enjoyed them as they’re light, fun reads which I can curl up with over the summer break but I still have to find one that stood out from the rest, I was hoping Such a Rush would be that book. Leah has always grown up around airports, every time her mother decides to make a rush move they always end up next to another one. Leah always gets a rush seeing a plane take off, so when they move to Heaven, a 14 year old Leah decides to apply for a job there, she knows she won’t be able to sit in a plane straight away, but just being around them is better than nothing. Leah soon builds a strong relationship with Mr. Hall the owner, with his sons barely around he starts giving Leah a lot of opportunities and responsibilities around the airport. But then when Mr Hall dies Leah feels like she’s lost everything, but Grayson Mr Hall’s son unexpectedly announces he will be taking charge even though he showed no clear interest before. Leah wants to walk away from it all but Grayson has her back against the wall with the little lie she kept from Mr Hall. Grayson threatens to reveal all unless she works for him and also woos his twin brother Alec too. Leah knew Grayson could be rude but she didn’t think he could stoop so low to get her to fake her feelings towards his twin brother, she wants to know why, but he’s so stubborn, he won’t budge at all, so she really has no choice in the matter. A confusing relationship between two hot brothers and one girl is a brilliant formula Echols plays with in Endless Summer, we found ourselves in a similar situation in Such a Rush. Here Leah has to pretend to like Alec when it’s clear as day that she doesn’t and it’s obvious to see that Grayson likes Leah too. So I didn’t get why Grayson kept pushing Leah towards her brother? The reasoning behind it when revealed I understood why it was important to Grayson, but couldn’t Grayson get any other girl to do it instead of hurting his own feelings by making Leah make out with Alec and eventually Alec’s if the truth ever came out?Grayson was your typical enigmatic hot guy who exuded a lot more confidence compared to Alec. Alec was sweeter and more innocent of the brothers, but Leah had to fall for the obnoxious one. Over the years Grayson’s been a jerk, he’s said so many hurtful things about Leah, and occasionally can still be quite hurtful and now he’s even blackmailing her, but Leah still can’t help but fall for him. But I guess we can never really help but fall for the bad boy type, but also when you do get to see Grayson’s considerate side then I guess I would have a hard time too avoiding him too, on top of that he has blonde curly hair with gorgeous grey eyes!Despite some issues that niggled at me Such a Rush was a decent read, ideals for the summer. (Just be prepared for a lot of airplane talk).