Jasprit

Jasprit

Burn for Burn - Jenny Han, Siobhan Vivian Being a huge fan of Jenny Han’s books, when I first heard about Burn for Burn, I knew I had to get my hands on a copy. Also Siobhan Vivian was an author whose books I had been promising myself to getting around to for ages. So I knew picking up this book would be a win-win situation!Burn for Burn focuses on three girls, Kat, Mary and Lillia forced to work together on one common goal; revenge. You know the saying revenge is a dish best served cold? Well this saying totally applied here. The three girls had their own reasons for getting their own back on Reeve, Alex and Rennie. Whereas Kat and Lillia used to be close friends until Rennie ruined it, Mary’s the school newbie. But the three girls manage to form a united alliance, with devious plans up their sleeves, they’re sure to get their comeuppance.Burn for Burn lets us into the story through povs from Mary, Kat and Lillia. As I read through the chapters I really felt I got to know Kat and Lillia, the hardships they had to experience, the pressure they had to deal with and keeping their mouth shut when necessary. But with Mary, I don’t know, I liked getting her back story, how she had a tough time and how much it took to get to where she is now. But there were aspects concerning her which I just didn’t get; her super creepy aunt, her so called powers I think it was purposely done this way to just scratch the surface with Mary’s character, but I think I wanted more from her.The so-called revenge plan I was totally on board with, I agreed that all three deserved their just deserts especially Rennie, ugh I couldn’t stand this girl! And by the end of the book my opinion didn’t change of her, but Alex really grew on me as the as the book progressed, I began to feel really sorry for him and hoped the girls would stop their revenge act towards him. but the thing that confused me with him, he wasn’t really clear about his feelings towards Lillia or Kat, for the majority of the book I got the expression that he liked Lillia, but then one part at the dance I thought he liked Kat, I know some readers may not really be bothered by this, but I really needed to know about his true feelings. Also Reeve being the obnoxious boy that he was really messed around with my feelings at the end the drugs seemed to bring out the real boy underneath, and he seemed so lonely and lost and I just wanted to give him a big hug! Overall Burn for Burn was an exceptional first book to a fresh new series. I really feel as if I know Kat and Lillia so well already and so I can’t wait to see which direction book two Fire with Fire will take us to next!