Jasprit

Jasprit

Nobody But Us - Kristin Halbrook Nobody But us led me to believe it had everything I love about a contemporary romance book; two teens in love knowing they’re meant to be together. Despite all the hurdles thrown at them, show they’re stronger and over the course of time, their love for each other really comes through their relationship. What can I say I’m a sucker for a sweet romance, but unfortunately despite starting off great, the story kind of just went downhill.Zoe finally found her perfect partner in Will, her life had been chaotic before she met him, she lived with an abusive father and her mother died when she was only 6 years old. She had a great friend in Lindsey, but no-one really saw her for the real her, underneath the bruises and make-up. Not until Will turned up at her school. Despite seeing her bruises, he made the extra effort to get to know her, also not having the best life growing up either, you can say Will and Zoe were the perfect match. But with Zoe’s dad, Zoe had to keep her relationship under wraps. But Will knew Zoe deserved so much more, and he wanted to be that guy who could give it to her. So they decided the only way that would happen was by going on the run.Straight away I was rooting for Zoe and Will, they only really had each other and so if the only way they could be together was by running off then I was all for it. But I soon came to realise they really hadn’t thought things through, what initially led me to believe this was right I soon discovered was the spur of the moment decision. First of all Zoe was only 15 years old, so under the legal age of leaving her parent and going on the run, so they knew the police would be on their trail, then the way they left of course would make the police even more anxious to get their hands on Will. As the book progressed, Zoe and Will’s relationship came across as two young confused people in love who had no clue what they were doing. “The constant I love you’s” between them and jumping head into things through really began to grate on me. I think the extreme lengths they went to and the ending was the final straw for me. It’s like Zoe and Will were just a couple of teenagers who just wanted to be together, sadly they were turned into hardened criminals who didn’t think twice about hurting anyone who got in their way.I’m sorry to say Nobody But us just wasn’t for me, over the last couple of months I’ve lost the patience for characters who dilly dally about Zoe and Will were two characters I had a hard time connecting to. Despite my disappointing review, I’m sure there are other readers who would find this a lot more of a touching read than I did.