Jasprit

Jasprit

Unravel Me - Tahereh Mafi I had to jump straight into Unravel Me after devouring Shatter me. Shatter Me had left me in a turmoil of emotions. Juliette had finally found sanctuary with Castle and the others, people who finally understood her ability, she should have found this as a place of comfort. But I had a feeling things weren’t going to stay steady for too long. Mafi had a knack for rocking the boat when you least expected it, so I was prepared for any heartbreak which could be around the corner.But despite thinking I was ready I wasn’t ready one bit in the slightest. The perfect relationship between Adam and Juliette was tested to the extreme, you would think that after everything Juliette had been through and after everything that had happened in Shatter Me, Mafi would cut them some slack. But no, the news we were dealt with felt like someone was twisting a knife in my heart. The different side we got to see of Adam was painstakingly horrible to watch. I kind of wish it didn’t have to happen, but I guess it was a means to test how much their relationship could stand.And then there was Warner, I wished and hoped that there would be another side to him in Unravel Me and I’m pleased to say fans of Warner won’t be disappointed. In a way it makes me grateful for not shutting him out completely, because Unravel Me gives you a brief insight into why he is the way he is. Why he has to appear heartless and devoid of emotion, we still don’t know his back story, he still has a sense of enigma shrouding him, but everything I’ve seen so far, how much he’s given access to his heart, I absolutely love. I think after Unravel Me I’m definitely favouring Warner over Adam. Juliette has found herself in a sticky situation, as in her position I would find it extremely difficult to choose between the Adam and Warner too. If you thought Shatter Me was full of dreamy scenes, be prepared as you’ve not seen nothing yet *sigh*Mafi provides us with an extremely epic follow up in Unravel Me; we get to see different sides to characters we would have never expected, some swoony scenes and of course non-stop action. Mafi has upped her game immensely with Unravel Me; she has again left me on tenterhooks in eager anticipation of how the third and final book will unravel.