Jasprit

Jasprit

The Next Forever - Lisa Burstein The Next Forever follows up in the life of Amy and Joe; two of my favourite characters from Pretty Amy. I much prefer reading follow up books months down the line than epilogues tacked onto back of books. And The Next Forever proved this to be the case once more as it provided a heartfelt insight into Amy and Joe battling their own demons. I had always wanted Amy and Joe together ever since I came across them in Pretty Amy. Amy was so lost back then and needed the stability to keep her from drowning from the ideas floating around in her head. So it was great seeing months later that they’ve managed to make their relationship work. But their relationship was again tested with both Joe and Amy not quite sure about what they wanted, afraid of what could be around the corner and having niggling doubts at the back of their minds. Sometimes you just need to take a risk to realise what you want in life, to test what’s really out there. But then you also need to know when to take a step back, when you’re coming to a point of over stepping the line and hurting someone you love so much in the process. And this is what Burstein looks at in The Next Forever, have Amy and Joe found their next forever in each other or is it still out there just out of their reach?With dual pov’s from both Joe and Amy, were given a much greater insight into their characters; the ideas they have tumbling around in their heads, just how much of a hardship they have in deciding what’s right and wrong and just how vulnerable they are. Amy and Joe had a lot of inner turmoil to deal with in The Next Forever but I think it was a step that they needed to deal with before they could realise that what they were after all this time was in front of them all along.