Jasprit

Jasprit

'Til The World Ends: Dawn of EdenThistle & ThorneSun Storm (Luna Books) - 'Julie Kagawa',  'Ann Aguirre',  'Karen Duvall' Review for Dawn of Eden“Whatever you’ve done, or think you’ve done, it’s over now. You can’t go back and change it. What you do about it, right now, from here on out, that’s the important thing”. After reading The Immortal Rules, I made a promise to myself to read all the rest of the books in this fantastic series. So when I heard Kagawa was releasing a novella featuring Kanin, just in time to get you in the mood for The Eternity Cure I knew I had to get a copy. Dawn of Eden is the story based around before the rabids came into existence. The city is already on its last legs with so many people getting hit by the red lung disease that the hospitals are barely coping. That’s where we find our over working nurse Kylie, she’s losing patients all over the place despite her hard work, but she didn’t expect to be dealing with rabids when a guy called Ben brings his best friend in with unexplainable teeth marks. What I was expecting by picking up Dawn of Eden was a greater understanding of Kanin’s character. His brief appearance in The Immortal Rules left one yearning for more, his appearance in Dawn of Eden was sort of disappointing, (I actually didn’t even realise it was even him until I finished the scene off!). But the story of Ben and Kylie trying to survive anyway they could had completely won me over that I sort of forgot my initial purpose in reading this book. I enjoyed following Ben and Kylie on their journey of finding a safe place away from the rabids. Of self-discovery and realising that when your life can end in an instant, you should spend each minute to the fullest and as if it’s your last. Kagawa once again created a fast paced story in Dawn of Eden, laced with dread in the pit of your stomach and a sweet romance. Fans of Kanin may be a little disappointed with this instalment, but I think fans of this series like myself will enjoy this teaser before The Eternity Cure hits the shelves. Favourite quote: “How do you do it?” I blinked. I’d gotten so used to his silence; the question caught me off guard. Strange, thinking I knew a man after only a few of hours with him. His brown eyes on me now, solemn and assessing. “Because you have to” I said, ducking through the back door with him behind me. “Because sometimes that’s the only thing that will get them through, the only thing that keeps them alive”.