Jasprit

Jasprit

On Every Street  - Karina Halle The fact that I was up until 1:30am finishing this novella off gave me the biggest insight into why so many other readers are currently encumoured by this series. I’m always a little wary to jump on the current book bandwagon, as I always end up being in the minority of readers who end up being burned. But from just reading the On Every Street novella, I knew it was exactly what I needed.Ellie White is hell bent on revenge, ever since her parents used her as bait and ruined her life, she wants to get back at those who did this to her. Travis however is not an easy man to crack, he’s wealthy and dangerous, and so it will be tough getting close to him. Ellie knows the only way to do so is by getting close to somebody near him and that’s where Javier Bernal comes in *sigh*. Ellie’s sole goal was to take up another identity, get inside close enough to Travis, get her revenge and get back out. She knew it could be a long job, but she didn’t expect to fall for Javier in the process. But how could she not resist? He was charming, suave and made her feel protected like no other man could. Honestly this man’s smooth lines even made me dizzy. Ellie knew she was toying with a dangerous line; her feelings for Javier were getting more and more confused, until she no longer knew why she was there in the first place. Ellie and Javier’s relationship was a toxic one at most, but it was also so addictive. Both kept secrets from one another that could blow up in each other’s faces at any moment. And even though Ellie knew Javier’s life was dangerous, she still couldn’t get enough. How Ellie kept sane in this relationship I have no clue, especially with how close she came to meeting Travis. Despite their relationship starting on false pretences on both sides, I loved the relationship between Ellie and Javier, like I mentioned previously it was magnetic and at some points totally scary, but with Javier Bernal around; I couldn’t get enough. I was somewhat disappointed with the turn of events in the last part of this book. But I can’t wait to see how the story will unfold in Sins & Needles, where I hope there will be tons more of Javier. But I’ve also heard there’s a new guy on the block called Camden, so I’m positive there will be plenty of fun and danger to look forward to!