Jasprit

Jasprit

Feeling Sorry For Celia - Jaclyn Moriarty Feeling Sorry For Celia was one of those books which took me a while to get into as its not written in your typical format, but in the form of letters, notes and postcards between characters. However once I got a feel for the style of writing, I found myself zipping through the pages. Feeling sorry for Celia tells the story of Elizabeth, whose dealing with the ups and downs of being a teenager; her spontaneous friend Celia has gone missing, Celia’s mum thinks that this is perfectly normal, her dad has unexpectedly announced that he’s moving back to Sydney, she’s receiving anonymous notes from a stranger who catches her bus and on top of all that she has training to do for an upcoming marathon! What I enjoyed most about this book was reading the letters from Elizabeth’s mum and the anonymous stranger, as they were extremely funny;I have now created a web for myself which I see noWay to untangle. I am only sorry to have got you tangled Too. I’m going to have to pack up and move interstate. Tonight, I will call the CIA and ask if they have anySpare identities for me to assume.It is now a matter of national security that you forgetMy existence.Forgive me.A strangerELIZABETH!!! OVER HERE! ON THE TABLE! BY THE HYDRANGEA? IT’S A NOTE FROM YOUR MOTHER!!!I also enjoyed the witty, quirky characters, the unexpected surprises and the friendship Elizabeth was able to form with Christina through the letters they sent to each other. Overall I thoroughly enjoyed Feeling sorry for Celia, Jaclyn Moriarty did a brilliant job in creating such a fun and humorous read and illustrating that sometimes friendships can be found in places you least expect them.