Jasprit

Jasprit

What Alice Forgot - Liane Moriarty 3.5/4 stars What Alice forgot was a refreshing change from previous books I’d read regarding memory loss. I either didn’t enjoy them as much; Remember me or I just couldn’t finish them; Rosebush. So I was quite chuffed at finding one which I quite enjoyed. What Alice forgot tells the story of Alice who during a step aerobics class bangs her head and loses the last ten years of her memory; she still thinks its 1998 that she’s married to her husband Nick and is expecting her first child. So it comes as a bit of a surprise to find out that she’s turned into a person whose quite bitter and uptight, she’s going through a separation from Nick and she has three kids!What made What Alice forgot interesting was that Alice could do mundane things such as applying her makeup as she normally would and driving her gigantic car automatically. But she still couldn’t remember a thing from within the last 10 years. I found this book even more entertaining through the alternative pov’s from Alice’s sister and grandma. Not only were they extremely funny especially Alice’s grandma’s blog, but they were also really informative with filling in the memories that Alice couldn’t remember for the reader. The only thing which irked me and had me shouting in frustration was when Alice got her memory back and she decided to get back with Dominick instead of Nick, I was like nooooooooooooooo you’re meant to be with Nick!Despite this minor issue I still enjoyed What Alice forgot, so if like me in the past you’ve been disappointed with books about memory loss and you’re looking for a funny entertaining read then you should try What Alice forgot!