Jasprit

Jasprit

Six Impossible Things - Fiona Wood I’ve been on a Aussie book binge as of late, the last couple of books I read were full of awesomeness, but they have also been quite intense The Piper’s Son and Raw Blue, so I needed something light and easy going, a couple of my great Goodreads friends suggested Six Impossible Things and it was exactly what I needed. Dan’s life has quickly been turned upside down, from living with his parents and attending a private school with his friend Fred, he’s just found out his dad’s gay, their family business has gone bankrupt and consequently their house and most of their possessions have been re-possessed. He and his mum have been forced to move into his mum’s great aunt Adelaide’s house, he has to find a job as they have hardly any money and are just managing to scrape by. On top of that he has to try and get his mum out of the slump she’s in and cheer her up somehow, try and keep a low profile at the new school he will be attending and he also has a crush on his next door neighbour Estelle, the “unattainable one!”Some of the situations and mishaps Dan found himself in were absolutely hysterical, from trying to keep a low profile at school and responding to when someone called him “dickhead” on the first day, to fainting in front of the girl he liked, snooping through Estelle’s things and organising the school social. Also the lists he kept, I absolutely adored them! I’m grateful to my Goodreads friends for pushing me to read this book, as it was a really quick and easy book to get into, the characters were amusing and funny and it was basically one of the funniest books I’ve read in a while! Favourite quotes“The only things anyone could possibly know about me are: tall, sometimes answers to ‘dickhead’, silent in class, frowns, slouches, surname pronounced ‘surreal’ not ‘cereal’, chews with mouth shut.Might be easier to get loser/loner tattooed on my forehead and be done with it!”“You’re a dickhead Cereal”, Jayzo says“It’s Cereill”, I manage.“Cyril next time you’re feeling faint, please sit down withyour head between your knees or go out for some fresh air”“Okay?” Ms. Peale says“It’s Dan, not Cyril”