Jasprit

Jasprit

Guitar Highway Rose - Brigid Lowry Favourite Quote; “Sometimes you think you know where you are headed. Youthink you know what each day will bring. You think there will bea breath to follow this breath. It has always been that waybefore. You think that lunch will follow breakfast and sometime later dinner will naturally appear. You think that you know that the sky is blue and that trees are green, that cats are furry and that life will go on quite smoothly for ever like an infinite ripple ofturquoise ribbon. But sometimes you are wrong.”I’m quite gutted for only giving Guitar Highway Rose 3 stars, it’s not that I didn’t enjoy it, because I did, I think I just set my expectations too high, thinking I would love it as I’d really enjoyed every other Aussie book I’d read and given them 4 stars or more.In Guitar Highway Rose both and Asher are restless; Asher’s the new kid in town, he’s been having a rough time of it lately, his parents have recently separated, so him and his mum have moved to Perth, he’s had to leave his dad and friends behind and start all over again. Rosie’s always getting into arguments with her mum, she always wants to know where she’s going and won’t even let her get her nose pierced. Everything changes when Rosie meets Asher, he’s different to the other people she knows. But it’s the final straw for Asher when he’s accused of stealing Mrs. Hyde’s wallet, he decides to take off and Rosie goes with him. What follows is an unforgettable adventure full of hitchhiking, short blonde hair, mistaken identities and fun.What I liked about Guitar Highway Rose;The alternative pov’s; I never used to read books with alternative pov’s, but now I can’t get enough of them, the alternative pov’s in Guitar Highway Rose could be a bit confusing at times as you didn’t know whose pov it was from, but nonetheless I found them extremely funny. Guitar Highway Rose definitely gave me the urge just to take off randomly one day to Australia, make a trip with no plans, no worries, nothing and just live in the moment. What I didn’t like;The writing was beautiful; but I couldn’t get to grips with the run along sentences and the no full stops.Overall despite not enjoying Guitar Highway Rose as I’d hoped, it was a quick entertaining read.