Jasprit

Jasprit

Feed - Mira Grant 3.5 starsFeed wasn’t my “typical” sort of book that I would normally read, but I’d heard a lot of rave reviews from my Goodread friends and so decided to give it a shot.Whilst reading Feed I went through a turmoil of different emotions; I found the beginning of the story extremely hard to get into, it was largely focused on politics; a politician running his political campaign to achieve presidency and blogging; a group of bloggers following his campaign. If it wasn’t for the fact that I was reading this with another Goodreads friend I think I would have given up after the first 100 pages or so. But I’m glad I forced myself to continue because the second half of the story was a completely different kettle of fish. The story completely picked up its pace it threw me with the unexpected zombie attacks, had me endlessly guessing who the traitor within the group could be and just had me enthralled with the nonstop drama and surprises; Georgia dying? I so didn’t see that one coming! The best way to sum up my experience of Feed was that it was like a rollercoaster ride. Imagine yourself slowly working your way up to the biggest drop of the ride, similarly Feed starts off slowly building up the story, slowly taking you to the top until you’re finally there holding your breath, and then Bam! all of a sudden when you’re least expecting it you’re coming down at full speed with all these various bombshells you didn’t see coming being thrown at you that will basically leave you flabbergasted. So if you ever decide to read Feed and after the first 100 pages or so you’re thinking of giving up Don’t! because I promise you the second half of the book is completely insane (in a good way of course)! Memorable quote; “...but at the end of the day, there’s got to be somebody you’re doing it for. Just one person you’re thinking of everytime youmake a decision, everytime you tellthe truth, or tell a lie, or anything.I’ve got mine. Do you?”