Jasprit

Jasprit

I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies Series #1) - Pittacus Lore I had high expectations of this book after reading several great reviews and also because of the hype surrounding the film. Sadly I was hugely disappointed. The premise was riveting and drew me right in and the first couple of chapters were quite promising; I enjoyed learning about John’s background at Lorien, how they escaped, had to continually move from place to place, how the loric charm worked and I was interested in finding out about how Johns’ legacies would develop.However after the excitement of the first few chapters wore off, things went downhill. I found myself constantly rolling my eyes at the predictable plot, clichéd romance between John and Sarah and cheesy lines. Consequently I had to skim read most of the book. I’d also anticipated a lot more form the Mogadorians, they way they were described throughout the book I would have thought they were a lot tougher and wouldn’t be able to be killed so easily. I guess I set my expectations too high for this book, I highly doubt I will be reading anymore sequels. Hopefully the film will be much better than the book.