Jasprit

Jasprit

Catching Fire (Hunger Games, Book 2)

Catching Fire  - Suzanne  Collins (4.5 stars)Contains Spoilers!!Wow! Suzanne Collins has again created an exhilarating read in Catching Fire. Catching Fire kicks off with Katniss dealing with the consequences of pulling off the “berry stunt” in the Hunger Games. With President Snow breathing down her neck and threatening to destroy everything she loves most, Katniss is left with two choices; either run away with her family and be on the run for the rest of her life or stay and fight against the Capitol’s regime. President Snow and the Capitol were humiliated by Katniss’ act of rebellion in the Hunger Games and to prevent any sort of uprisings in the districts, he wants to show that the power still remains in the hands of the Capitol. If we thought President Snow was bad before, he shows a whole new evil side to him in Catching Fire; threatening to kill Gale, turning Darius to an Avox, beating up Cinna and what I totally didn’t expect sending former games victors back to the arena. President Snow made me so mad, at times I felt like killing him myself!Catching Fire was an awesome read, however I think I preferred the Hunger Games slightly more, as I found Catching Fire a bit slow to start off with. Also I only gave this book 4.5 stars, as I would have enjoyed it more it covered more time spent in the arena. This series has been thoroughly addictive so far, I can’t wait to start Mockingjay to find out what it has in store for us next!