Jasprit

Jasprit

Graffiti Moon

Graffiti Moon - Cath Crowley Once in a while you come across a book which literally rocks your world. Graffiti Moon is one of those books. Lucy has been tracking the graffiti artist Shadow for the last two years, she’s been in awe of him and his work, but has never been able to meet him face to face. Ed is struggling through life, with no job; he can’t afford to pay towards his rent. Until his friend Leo comes up with a plan to rob the school art wing one night. With Ed and Lucy on their separate paths, one night brings them together; it ends up being a night they will never forget. I don’t think my review could fully demonstrate how much I adored Graffiti Moon. I loved Lucy and her feistiness, I adored Ed, and at times I just wanted to give him a big hug. I liked how both their stories were connected somehow, with both having problems with their family, Ed feeling guilty for not being able to provide anymore and Lucy’s parents living in separate “houses”, how they both had someone who was there for them, Ed had Bert and Lucy has Al. I loved reading about their history between them and watching the banter between them, they were just hugely loveable characters. The same goes without saying of Leo, Jazz, Daisy and Dylan, they were freaking hilarious! I also liked how the story could change so suddenly from the present to them recalling a memory from the past. Some of the quotes in this book were sooooo beautiful; they just leave an aching in your chest. Cath Crowley is another amazing Aussie author I’ve come across this year, her writing is so mesmerising and poignant and she manages to create a read which is both heart wrenching and funny. I can’t wait to read more of her books.All that’s left for me to say is that Graffiti Moon is one of those books I will deeply treasure. I recommend EVERYONE to read this book!!!