Jasprit

Jasprit

Double Crossed: A Spies and Thieves Story (Gallagher Girls, #5.5; Heist Society, #2.5)

Double Crossed: A Spies and Thieves Story - Ally Carter Not being a huge fan of the Gallagher Girls series and a huge fan of the Heist society series. I was a little worried that maybe this book wouldn’t be for me, but I was wrong as Carter produces a brilliant mash up of two different worlds in Double Crossed. Macey and Hale find themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time, what was meant to be a friendly auction turns into all the guests being held hostage by a bunch of robbers who will stop at nothing to get what they want. Despite our favourite characters finding themselves in a tight situation, Carter was able to sprinkle the story with humour which resulted in a light hearted, fun and enjoyable read. It was great seeing sets of characters having to be forced to work together in a situation when they didn’t trust one other the least bit. Both Macey and Hale didn’t know what the other had up their sleeve but were able to put their brilliant minds together and find a way to get out of the dire situation. What I enjoyed the most about Double Crossed aside the brilliant pacing and cons was the relationship between Hale and Kat. It was great to have both of them finally to be open about their feelings for one another. Double Crossed was a quick story which will be sure to delight fans of Ally Carter’s previous series.