Jasprit

Jasprit

Breathless

Breathless - Brigid Kemmerer 3.5 starsBreathless was yet again another charming instalment in what has quickly become one of my hottest favourite series yet. I have discovered that anything with the name Merrick on I will read and anything with the name Brigid Kemmerer the same goes. As my love for these brothers has been established numerous times I was quick to snatch up a copy of Breathless, I needed a Merrick fix and I needed it now! Nick in my eyes has always been the quietest Merrick brother, well if you have a twin like Gabriel around it's kind of hard to find your own light to shine in. But this novella made me love Nick even more, (I know I say this with every single Merrick brother, but that is beside the point), he already has tons of pressure; with helping Michael with the family business, thinking about whether he wanted to leave his family and go to college or not and then this new revelation happened, which I so did not see coming. Having brothers like the Merrick’s I could see why Nick would always quash these feelings down, but I suppose at one point it just became a little too much for him. I always adored Nick in the previous books and my reasons for doing so are easily justified with this thrilling novella. Nick in my eyes is always the gentleman, always one to put others before himself, the way he went out to help girlfriend Quinn, when she was in a tight situation I admired. I hope over the upcoming books Nick finds the confidence and support that he needs to get the happy ending he truly deserves. Breathless gives us a nice little teaser into Nick’s personal life and leaves me with the biggest dilemma; I have no clear favourite Merrick brother anymore, it’s just so hard to choose between them. I’m pretty sure when Spirit is released in May, I will probably be adding Hunter to my list too!