Jasprit

Jasprit

Fated

Fated - Sarah Alderson Before picking up this book I had my doubts, I used to be a paranormal junkie, but over the last year my reading style has dramatically changed since joining goodreads. So starting Fated I thought I would be going down the same path several books have already ventured down. But boy was I wrong. Lucas and Evie are sworn enemies, Lucas is half human, half shadow warrior (an unhuman) and part of the brotherhood and it is their mission to get rid of hunters. Evie is a hunter and it is their job to keep unhumans out of their world. The feud between hunters and unhumans has been going on for thousands of years, with Lucas and Evie’s parents being killed by their respective enemies. When the brotherhood discover that Evie is a purebred hunter they set about to kill her. She isn’t aware yet of what she is. So she shouldn’t really put up too much of a fight, so how hard can it be? However when their first attack goes wrong Lucas decides to go undercover, as he’s half human he can get quite close to hunters without being detected. He believes that by getting close to Evie and the other hunters he can discover their secrets which could help them to finally get rid of them and kill Evie in the process. But things don’t work out as planned; Lucas finds himself wanting to protect Evie, the others in the brotherhood start questioning his loyalty, he knows he has to kill Evie, that there’s no other choice but can he do it? And is he in danger of breaking his oath to the brotherhood? Evie’s just been dropped with the bombshell that she’s a hunter and that as she’s the last in the direct line of hunters she’s the only one who can fulfil the prophecy and finally end the feud. But she’s unsure about whether she wants to be a hunter, does she want to train endlessly? Seek revenge on those who killed her parents? Does she have any choice in the matter? And deep down can she really trust anyone? Sarah Alderson has created such an epic book with Fated, her story building is immense, you’re immediately catapulted into a dark world full of creatures. I seriously had no idea what they were; they had an aura of intrigue and mystery. “his pupils fixed and dilated. Andthe thing that had stopped her and made herstomach scrape the floor, was the colour of them. Theywere bright carnation – red and totally unseeing” “Evie’s brain refused to process the possibility thatwhat her eyes were actually looking at wasneither a rope nor a whip but a tail. There were scales on it and it moved like a rattlesnake” Seriously what? You’re thrown smack bang into this and just from these first few pages I was immediately hooked. As the story progresses you finally begin to understand what these characters actually are and can I just say Alderson has created such an imaginative set of characters, from mixens with poisonous skin, Scorpio demons with razor sharp tails and shadow warriors who can blend in with the shadows. And the amount of detail with which the characters were described really brought them to life. Evie, I respected her so much, she was strong, full of courage and never backed down *fist pump for strong female characters*. I’ve heard Sarah Alderson has the knack of creating guys who instantly make your knees turn to jelly and cause your heart to flip-flop all over the place. Lucas is certainly one of those guys! He was so swoon worthy and the poor guy was conflicted through most of the book that you just wanted to give him a hug. And the scenes with him and Evie will just seriously make you melt! Fated was fantastically written, it was fast paced, action packed and at times you were just left waiting with baited breath never knowing what was around the corner. I absolutely had the best time reading this book. I’m not sure if this book will be a standalone, as I’ve heard from a friend that there could be a possibility of more books to follow! *fingers crossed* this happens because this book possibly can’t end this way!I would recommend that everyone read this book I promise you won’t regret it! A big thank you to Lesley for lending me her copy!