Jasprit

Jasprit

Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse, #11)

Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse, #11) - Charlaine Harris (2.5 stars) Sookie Stackhouse has been through a lot in this series, she’s dealt with having blood bonds with vampires, her gran being murdered, people constantly trying to kill her, her brother turning into a were panther and finding out she’s part fairy. So I suppose that I was expecting a lot to happen in Dead Reckoning. However I found this book extremely frustrating as not much did happen at all. Initially I was worried that I wouldn’t remember anything from the Dead in the family, but Harris was really good in recapping parts from other books. But I soon found this increasingly irritating as she kept doing it! Yes we know Sookie’s a telepath, Claude is her fairy cousin and that she has a blood bond with Eric, but do you have to constantly remind us? The only major event in my eyes I enjoyed was the fight with Victor, the rest of the book was full of Harris recapping the story and Sookie babbling and describing in so much detail her mundane chores!And like a lot of other reviewers have already said, some of the characters were totally pointless to the story. For example Alcide, I’ve always liked him and got really excited thinking he’d have some big part to play, but no he was just there to boost Sookie’s confidence.It’s a shame Dead reckoning was a disappointment because I’d enjoyed the other books in the series. I’m in serious doubt now whether I should continue with the two remaining books.